Pulled Pork Stuffed Potato Skins
- 8 small potatoes
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ pound pulled pork
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Stubb’s Sweet Heat Bar-B-Q Sauce
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper. Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise. Using a pastry brush or basting brush, coat all sides of the sliced potato with olive oil. Place the potatoes cut-side down on the baking sheet and sprinkle generously with kosher salt. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through. You can test this by inserting a small knife through the potatoes. When they are done, the knife will slide right in without any resistance. Remove from the oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Using a large spoon, scoop out the majority of the potato, leaving about a ⅓ of an inch. Using the half-cut method to make these sometimes makes the flesh tough to cut through. If that’s the case, you can gently score around the edges before scooping to make it easier.
- Increase the oven temperature to 475°F. Place the potatoes back on the pan, cut side up. Brush them with the melted butter and sprinkle the inside with a little more salt. Bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes. This will help firm them up so they won’t fall apart. Remove from the oven and fill the potatoes with the pulled pork and sprinkle with the cheese. Return to the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Drizzle with the Stubb’s Sweet Heat Bar-B-Q Sauce (or other favorite Stubb’s sauce), add a dollop of sour cream, and sprinkle with the green onions. Serve immediately.
This recipe is brought to you by Southern Bite.Print This Recipe