Jalapeno Popper Pizza
Homemade pizza crust topped with a green chile cream cheese sauce, assorted cheeses, bacon and fresh jalapeno peppers.
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
Jalapeno Popper Pizza:
- 6 strips bacon, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons Stubb’s Green Chile Anytime Sauce
- ½ teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper
- ½ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers, sliced
- For pizza dough: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a pizza pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in olive oil and honey and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together 2 ½ cups flour and salt.
- After resting, pour yeast water over flour mixture and stir to combine. Gradually add in remaining ½ cup flour, kneading by hand for 2-3 minutes until the flour is mixed in and dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover dough in bowl with a damp paper towel. Allow dough to rise covered in a warm, draft free place for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, flour a clean work surface. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough into approximately a ½ inch thick, 10 to 12-inch round pizza. Set aside until ready to add toppings and bake.
- For Pizza: Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy, about 8-10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Discard bacon grease, leaving about ½ a tablespoon grease in the skillet.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add onion. Cook onion for 5-8 minutes, or until onion starts to turn caramelize. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional 30-60 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, Stubb’s Green Chile Anytime Sauce, onions, garlic salt and black pepper. Spread cream cheese mixture over prepared pizza dough. Top cream cheese mixture with an even layer of cheese. Top cheese with bacon and jalapeno slices.
- Bake pizza in a 400 degrees F oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
This recipe is brought to you by Kitchen Concoctions.Print This Recipe