Grilled Peach Sundaes with Sticky Sweet Caramel Sauce
Juicy fresh peaches are grilled to perfection and topped with ice cream, toasted pecans, buttery cookies whipped cream and a smoky caramel sauce.
- Sticky Sweet Caramel Sauce:
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons Stubb’s Sticky Sweet Bar-B-Q Sauce
- Grilled Peach Sundaes:
- 2 large fresh peaches, halved and pit removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup pecans, toasted
- 4 pecan shortbread or gingersnap cookies, crumbled
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup prepared Sticky Sweet Caramel Sauce
- Homemade or store bought whipped cream, as needed
- 4 fresh cherries
- For the Sticky Sweet Caramel Sauce: Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and cook, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved. Whisking gently, stir in whipping cream. Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Remove caramel sauce from heat and stir in bar-b-q sauce. Allow caramel sauce to cool slightly and serve as desired or cool completely and store a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Note: Refrigerated sauce can be reheated uncovered in 30 second increments in the microwave.
- For the Grilled Peach Sundaes: Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high heat and oil grill grates. Using a pastry brush, brush the cut sides of the peaches with melted butter.
- Place peaches cut side down on preheated grill. Grill peaches for 5-6 minutes or until flesh is slightly charred and peaches are tender.
- Remove peaches from grill and set aside to cool slightly. Top each peach with a large scoop of ice cream, a generous drizzle of prepared Sticky Sweet Caramel Sauce, 1-2 tablespoons toasted pecans, 1-2 tablespoons cookie crumbs, a dollop of whipped cream and a cherry. Serve immediately.
Note: Since Stubb’s sauces are naturally gluten free, to make these sundaes totally gluten free, omit the cookies or substitute with gluten free cookies.
This recipe is brought to you by Kitchen Concoctions.Print This Recipe